Please touch base with our Office Administrator for expert editorial advice on all things LGBTQ+.
GLAAD rewrites the script for LGBTQ acceptance.
- Media Reference Guide (10th. ed.) is the definitive American authority on language to use to refer to or describe LGBTQ+ people and their narratives.
Trans Media Watch is a charity dedicated to improving media coverage of trans and intersex issues.
- Understanding non-binary people is an excellent media reference guide that outlines appropriate language to use to refer to or describe non-binary people.
Gender Spectrum’s mission is to create a gender-inclusive world for all children and youth. To accomplish this, we help families, organizations, and institutions increase understandings of gender and consider the implications that evolving views have for each of us.
The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) envisions a world where LGBTQ people are ensured of their basic equal rights, and can be open, honest and safe at home, at work and in the community.
- Talking with kids about LGBTQ+ issues
- Defining LGBTQ+ words for children
- Creating Safe and Welcoming Schools For All Children & Families
Edmonton Public School Board (EPSB)–Edmonton Public Library (EPL) Recommended Fiction and Non-Fiction K–12 Schools (2nd Ed.) (2014)
Qmunity has a variety of downloadable reading resources including: a Gender-Neutral Language Sheet, a Queer Glossary, a chest health resource for trans folks, a Safety in Same-Gender Relationships Guide, and a Safety in Trans Relationship guide.
Are we missing anyone or anything? Is any of the information out of date, inaccurate, or incorrect? Does your agency or organization belong on this webpage, too? Still have questions or need resources, and not sure where to go next? Please let us know.