Advocacy & Legal Resources

Our information & referral specialists can offer wayfinding support in matters involving human rights, workplace discrimination, or legal disputes; including providing lists of affirming and friendly lawyers, and one-to-one assistance and consulting in confronting experiences of discrimination, including start-to-finish assistance through complaints processes and paperwork.

Alberta Human Rights Commission (AHRC) is an independent commission created by the Government of Alberta to enforce the Alberta Human Rights Act.

The Law Society of Alberta regulates the legal profession in the public interest by promoting and enforcing a high standard of professional and ethical conduct by Alberta lawyers.

The Legal Aid Society of Alberta assists Albertans facing legal issues by helping them navigate their journey through the justice system and find lasting resolution to their legal challenges.

Centre for Public Legal Education Alberta (CPLEA) is a public legal education organization dedicated to making information about the law available in readable and understandable language for Albertans.

Student Legal Services of Edmonton (SLS) enables University of Alberta law students to provide free legal information and assistance to the low income community in Edmonton, and to contribute to legal reform and legal education efforts as they impact on poverty law issues.

Edmonton Community Legal Centre (ECLC) provides free legal information and advice to low to moderate income people in the Edmonton area.

Edmonton Police Services Sexual Minorities Liaison Committee (EPS SMLC) is a group of volunteer community members who work with Edmonton Police Services (EPS) to meet the public safety and security needs of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, Two Spirit, and queer (LGBTQ) community.

The City of Edmonton Landlord Tenant Advisory Board provides advice and information to residential tenants and landlords to address tenancy issues and ensure that both tenants and landlords are aware of their rights and obligations pursuant to the Residential Tenancies Act and the Mobile Homes Sites Tenancies Act.

Safe Exit